I swear that NYC finds every and any reason to have a parade, including for the sake of the celebration of vegetables and vegetarians and vegans, and their corresponding foods. The annual NYC VEGGIE PRIDE PARADE is seriously proof of a parade for everything.
I am and have always been a lover of vegetables. I was one of those kids who was not nearly as interested in candy, but rather things like carrots and dip. I have to be honest though, I enjoy meat and probably will never totally give it up. But I won’t let that put damper in my love of veggies. Or in my self-proclaimed animal advocacy.
Here are some pictures from this year’s event, courtesy of a bunch of veggie parade enthusiasts.
I totally meant to warn you guys that it was coming up but I thought it was next Sunday. So I missed it too. Boo. No free vegan food and clever-sign-reading until next year. Sorry 😦
- Asian Sugar Snap Pea Salad with Radishes and Edamame (kalynskitchen.com)
- Is That a Pea in my Pod? (ilovefooddiet.com)
- Yogis Don’t Have to Be Vegan, According To The Masters (blisstree.com)
- ‘Flexitarians’ find they really can have it both ways (knoxnews.com)
- Breaking the Farmer’s Market Myth (friendseat.com)
- Chocolate Dipped Vegetables (ucdinterdisciplinary.wordpress.com)